| || |
- Hard candy such as Life Savers, Sweet Tarts, Jolly Ranchers, Now &
Laters, and Suckers.
- Sticky Candy such as Sugar Daddy, Starburst, Skittles, Taffy, Red Rope Vines . Popcorn, Pretzels, Sunflower Seeds, or Nuts
- Hard chips such as Doritos, Corn Chips, Hard Shell Tacos and Tostadas
- Beef Jerky and Slim Jims
- Hard Crust Breads
- Foreign objects like fingers, pens, pencils, etc.
- Don't chew ice
Alternative foods to enjoy:
Eat candy and sweets in moderation. Choose soft chocolate like Hershey
Kisses, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, candy without caramel or nuts . Opt for the puffy snacks; instead of crunchy Cheetos, choose the puffy Cheetos . Choose soft tacos or burritos instead of the hard variety
How you eat eon also adversely affect your braces:
- Cut food into small, bite sized pieces.
- Shred carrots; cut corn off the cob and meat off the bone.
- Never bite directly into hard foods like apples.
- Your braces are located on the cheek side of your teeth. Keep food on the chewing surface toward the inside of your mouth.
- Don't pack food in your cheeks as you chew.
- This is not a complete list. Other foods can damage your braces, too!